We're glad you found us. Birth Options Alliance (BOA) provides information and mutual support to expectant parents about their choices regarding childbirth in the Washington, DC area. We also advocate for the expansion of birth options in our area.
Our group consists of current and expectant parents, as well as midwives, doulas, childbirth educators and other professionals who specialize in working with new families.
Please join our Yahoo Group and become a follower of our Facebook page. If you're a new parent, please check out the variety of support groups and classes available in the area.
On this website, you can learn more about us, find out what we do, explore your birth options, look at our lists of local maternity care providers, identify additional resources, and find out about how you can help. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
Slideshow photo credits: Nikki Williams http://bedheadbirth.com/, John Robinette. Marcus Griswold, Joe Conley, Sierra Briant, Catherine Bishop, Heather Wilson
- Birth Options Alliance
- Who We Are
- Your Birth Options
Local Provider Lists
- Birth Doulas
- Postpartum Doulas
- Free and Low Cost Birth Doulas and Postpartum Doulas
- Childbirth and other Prenatal Education
- New Parent Support in the DC Metro Area
- Pre- and Postnatal Yoga Classes
- Breastfeeding Resources
- Alternative & Complementary Care
- Options for Laboring in Water, and Water Birth, in the DC Area
- Mental Health Support for the Childbearing Year
- Maternity, Baby, and Family Photography
- Placenta Services in the DC area
- Pregnancy and Baby Loss Support
- How You Can Help